I'm a first time dad and new to this site/forum. I have an appointment with our pediatrician tomorrow (4 month visit), so I'll obviously be explaining the same to him.
Sooo, last Wednesday my wife took our baby to daycare and I didn't need to be in early so I decided to work on some home repairs. We live in a 3 story condo with balconies off the living room and master bedroom. I decided to take the opportunity to repair a piece of plastic molding and did so on our living room balcony. I used a two-part expoxy (think a twin tube that you mix). In any case, the vapors were -very- strong and threw me for a loop the entire day (headache, lingering odor in nose, etc). I never brought the glued piece into the house (actually ended up standing on my truck from the outside and bringing it down because I didn't want to bring it through the house). My concern is that while I never left the balcony door open, by going in and out 3 times I may have let enough harmful vapor in to affect our baby?? When I got home at the end of the day, I opened the windows and doors and let the living room, etc, air out for 5-10 minutes as I thought I could smell something.
Now I feel like my little one is acting lethargic and disinterested. She doesn't seem to stay focused on me like she did just the day before this happened. She also seems to keep her tongue between her lips (not stuck all the way out) and is drooling (to be fair she's been drooling due to teething). My wife thinks I'm absolutely insane as I used the glue outside and she wasn't even here when I did -and then I aired the house out for a few minutes. However, I've read that children are much more sensitive to toxins and chemicals than adults and I feel devastated that I did something so stupid that could have damaged our child (brain, central nervouse system, retardation, etc).
Any thoughts, experiences??? Things to look for??
Thanks for reading,